Covid 19 Please Read.
The farm will be open for customers from August 4th 10am . Opening hours 10am – 4.30pm
Our preferred way of selling is still via click and collect. The shop will be open at the farm for you to buy additional supplies on the day. All stock is correct on the website so if an item or bird/animal is showing out of stock we will not have them here for sale at the farm. To enable us to continue to sell online and via the shop on the farm the online shop sales will be switched off during the times we are open at the farm so we do not over sell. Quail hatching eggs will still be able to be bought as well as booking poultry boarding online
Please read all of the information below before calling or emailing us as the answer maybe listed below.
For customers visiting the farm please
- PLEASE CHECK STOCK LEVELS ON THE WEBSITE BEFORE YOU TRAVEL to ensure we have your poultry/animals
- please buy online for collection.
- Park in the designated area.
- Sign in at reception in the shop and speak to a member of the team.
- Do not walk around the farm without speaking to a member of the team.
- All children must be supervised.
- No under 10s in the shop
- There will be a limit of two sets of customers in the shop at any one time ( five people)
- There will be no entry to the pens or paddocks.
- Customers are requested to keep off the grass areas.
- There is limited access to the farm limited to the track up to the chicken paddocks.
- Please do not visit the farm unless you are wanting to purchase anything
- Please do not ‘pop in for advice’ . Telephone for advice after reading our help and advice section.
- For purchase of birds here at the farm the team will ‘catch up based on breed’
- It will not always be possible to choose individual birds as catching up particular birds can cause additional stress for the bird and can compromise its welfare.
- Our team will clip the birds wings in the paddock if required and box on the table outside the pen.
For click and collect customers ~
- This is a contact less click and collect service from the farm and a national delivery service.
- For COLLECTION this is a FROM NEXT day service(not the same day) but any date in the next two weeks ,with collections Monday to Saturday excluding Sunday and Monday
(Closed Sunday and Monday)
PLEASE PURCHASE TRANSPORT BOXES FROM OUR SELVES OR BRING YOUR OWN. OUR BOXES ARE REUSABLE CARRY BOXES AND CAN BE FLAT PACKED WHEN NOT IN USE
- Go to the page of the products or poultry you wish to order select and pay at the cart. Choosing either collection or delivery.
- All stock levels are live and current. If the product is not in stock please click and add to waiting list and as soon as stock is relisted you will automatically be sent a notification.
- We are not taking reservations and orders for any birds not currently in stock.
- Only one person to collect the items and there is no facility to look around the farm.
- Entrance is purely to collect and then leave the farm.
- Please do not bring children to the farm, we are essentially closed apart from the collection of goods.
- Please do not touch any areas of the farm. Our buildings and paddocks are closed as are out toilet facilities.
- Please respect social distancing. This is our home as well as our business.
- You can choose collection from the farm or delivery depending.
- All products, housing and poultry packages can be bought via the website for click and collect from the farm.
- There is no delivery service for the majority of the products barring the eco housing.
- Any POL birds and animals ( if in stock ) can be bought for collection or delivery.
- Deliveries will be made on the Thursday following your order (must be placed by Friday Midday).
- Please contact me before you place orders outside of England (Wales and Scotland) as there is a limit on where deliveries can be made.
- At the check out you will have a choice of collection or delivery*( if that option is available).
- For collection you can then choose a date and time to collect from next day up to two weeks time *(-excluding young stock – excluding Sunday and Monday )
- Arrive during your chosen time ( am or -pm ) and your order will be waiting for you at the collection area. We can not accept collections outside of these times.
- Once you place your order we will not call you or contact you unless there is a problem.
PLEASE DO NOT ENTER THE BARNS,
This is for the delivery of live birds/livestock.
Please place your order for live birds delivery separate to any hatching eggs or housing. The delivery requirements are different so can not be mixed in the cart. Please order and pay separately for these items.
- Standard delivery day for these orders made via the website is a Thursday.
- Deliveries are made via a DEFRA registered courier or with our selves depending on type and quantity.
- Delivery price starts at £60.
- We do not deliver chicks, ducklings or goslings.
- Deliveries made online must be confirmed and paid for by Friday midday for deliveries the following week.
- You have to be present to receive your order.
Our Address is Moon Ridge Farm, Newton St Cyres, Exeter, Devon EX5 5AA
Please call 01392 851190 ( please leave a message, if we can help we will call you back)
Telephone enquiries Monday to Saturday 8.30am – 8.30pm
Closed Mondays and Sundays
View Larger Map
We are a working farm and do not employ office staff so please leave a message and we will return your call.
Alternatively send us an email firstname.lastname@example.org or fill in the contact form below:
From Exeter / M5
Follow the signs to A377 to Crediton , at Cowley Bridge Roundabout follow signs to Crediton on A377 , (this is a mini round about and you will turn left and go over two small bridges ) one over the rail way one over the river. We are situated two miles from this point on the left hand side of the road . You will pass a large garden centre and a long layby with a cafe in . We are the next turning left after this laybe (approx 200yds) We have a large wooden sign at our entrance which is right on the main road . Go through the entrance yard and follow the lane to the large green shed and there is parking opposite.
Head towards Exeter on the A 377 go through the village of Newton St Cyres up the hill past the school and out of the village . You will pass a road narrow sign with houses on either side on a bend. Our entrance is after the small row of terraced cottages on the right . Just before the village sign to Half Moon .We have a large wooden sign at our entrance which is right on the main road . Go through the entrance yard and follow the lane to the large green shed and there is parking opposite .