How To Buy From Us
Covid 19 Please Read.
The farm will be open for customers from August 4th 10am . Opening hours 10am – 4.30pm
Our preferred way of selling is still via click and collect. The shop will be open at the farm for you to buy additional supplies on the day. All stock is correct on the website so if an item or bird/animal is showing out of stock we will not have them here for sale at the farm. To enable us to continue to sell online and via the shop on the farm the online shop sales will be switched off during the times we are open at the farm so we do not over sell. Quail hatching eggs will still be able to be bought as well as booking poultry boarding online
Please read all of the information below before calling or emailing us as the answer maybe listed below.
For customers visiting the farm please
- PLEASE CHECK STOCK LEVELS ON THE WEBSITE BEFORE YOU TRAVEL to ensure we have your poultry/animals
- please buy online for collection.
- Park in the designated area.
- Sign in at reception in the shop and speak to a member of the team.
- Do not walk around the farm without speaking to a member of the team.
- All children must be supervised.
- No under 10s in the shop
- There will be a limit of two sets of customers in the shop at any one time ( five people)
- There will be no entry to the pens or paddocks.
- Customers are requested to keep off the grass areas.
- There is limited access to the farm limited to the track up to the chicken paddocks.
- Please do not visit the farm unless you are wanting to purchase anything
- Please do not ‘pop in for advice’ . Telephone for advice after reading our help and advice section.
- For purchase of birds here at the farm the team will ‘catch up based on breed’
- It will not always be possible to choose individual birds as catching up particular birds can cause additional stress for the bird and can compromise its welfare.
- Our team will clip the birds wings in the paddock if required and box on the table outside the pen.
For click and collect customers ~
- This is a contact less click and collect service from the farm and a national delivery service.
- For COLLECTION this is a FROM NEXT day service(not the same day) but any date in the next two weeks ,with collections Monday to Saturday excluding Sunday and Monday
(Closed Sunday and Monday)
All birds will be boxed (no charge for boxes). Please take these boxes with you. Do not swap the birds over at the farm.
This is a contact less service we do not want the boxes after you have handled them. PLEASE RESPECT OUR POLICY.
- Go to the page of the products or poultry you wish to order select and pay at the cart. Choosing either collection or delivery.
- All stock levels are live and current. If the product is not in stock please click and add to waiting list and as soon as stock is relisted you will automatically be sent a notification.
- We are not taking reservations and orders for any birds not currently in stock.
- Only one person to collect the items and there is no facility to look around the farm.
- Entrance is purely to collect and then leave the farm.
- Please do not bring children to the farm, we are essentially closed apart from the collection of goods.
- Please do not touch any areas of the farm. Our buildings and paddocks are closed as are out toilet facilities.
- Please respect social distancing. This is our home as well as our business.
- You can choose collection from the farm or delivery depending.
- All products, housing and poultry packages can be bought via the website for click and collect from the farm.
- There is no delivery service for the majority of the products barring the eco housing.
- Any POL birds and animals ( if in stock ) can be bought for collection or delivery.
- Deliveries will be made on the Thursday following your order (must be placed by Friday Midday).
- Please contact me before you place orders outside of England (Wales and Scotland) as there is a limit on where deliveries can be made.
- At the check out you will have a choice of collection or delivery*( if that option is available).
- For collection you can then choose a date and either to collect 10am – 1pm or 1pm- 4pm from next day up to two weeks time *(-excluding young stock – excluding Sunday and Monday )
- Arrive during your chosen time ( am or -pm ) and your order will be waiting for you at the collection area. We can not accept collections outside of these times.
- Once you place your order we will not call you or contact you unless there is a problem.
PLEASE DO NOT ENTER THE BARNS,
This is for the delivery of live birds/livestock.
Please place your order for live birds delivery separate to any hatching eggs or housing. The delivery requirements are different so can not be mixed in the cart. Please order and pay separately for these items.
- Standard delivery day for these orders made via the website is a Thursday.
- Deliveries are made via a DEFRA registered courier or with our selves depending on type and quantity.
- Delivery price starts at £60.
- We do not deliver chicks, ducklings or goslings.
- Deliveries made online must be confirmed and paid for by Friday midday for deliveries the following week.
- You have to be present to receive your order. The courier company will contact you the day prior or the day of your delivery with an ETA. This is very approximate and can be quite early in the morning or late in the day. We ask that you allocate the whole day for your delivery as we are unable to determine a time until the courier has confirmed their route. Thank you
*some areas of Scotland and Wales incur an additional charge please contact us for exact quote.
We only deliver as far north as Perth.
For all other deliveries please call or email for quote. We need to know~
~breed /type of bird / animal
~ number required
~full address including post code
Quail Hatching eggs
THESE CAN BE PURCHASED FOR COLLECTION OR POSTAGE
Quail hatching eggs are sold per dozen, so 1 in your shopping basket equates to 12 hatching eggs.
For smaller orders ( less than 8 dozen ) they are sent out Royal Mail Special delivery – they require a signature.
PLEASE READ ALL OF THE BELOW ~
We can not pass on messages to Royal Mail.
During lock down i am posting twice a week at least, though Royal Mail can not guarantee by 1pm delivery they are still arriving next day (i have had one exception to this ) The parcels are still treated as priority and are handled separate from the rest of the mail. Please leave your own directions to your post person about delivery ( please do not leave delivery messages with me as i can not pass these on ) If you are ordering over 8 dozen they will be sent out with courier i can then pass messages on.I aim to get any orders received by 8am on the day of posting sent out that day.
Due to the level of orders i am unable to email individually on day of posting. Usually i post on a Monday and Thursday.
- We do not post eggs outside of the United Kingdom.
- If you require to receive them on a certain date please let me know and we will do our best to accommodate your request .
- Note because of weekend postage you can not receive on a Saturday or Monday
- If no one is there to sign they will be returned to your Royal mail local depot.
- For larger orders over 8 dozen we send out via courier.
- Eggs are not insured via royal mail or courier.
- Once posted i am not responsible for Royal Mail actions or if you are not there to sign for them.
* During Covid i am posting out twice a week at least generally Mondays and Thursdays
- Whilst we make every effort to ensure our eggs are fertile we can not guarantee fertility or a hatch rate.
- We have no control over the postal service and indeed the method of incubation you choose.
- If you are dis- satisfied with your hatch rate please call us to discuss.
- We can offer basic advice on hatching but each incubator is different.
- Please rest your eggs on receipt of 24 hours before putting in the incubator.
- For advice on incubation it is best to call rather than email.
- If you have any issues with the delivery service / and or damaged eggs i need photos as evidence of damaged packaging , the eggs as you found them and then pictures of damaged eggs-these needs to be emailed to me as soon as possible .
- As above eggs are not insured via royal mail , i will replace broken eggs either when you place another order or if you pay for the postage of replacement eggs ( this can be done by purchasing a gift voucher of £10.00 to cover postage and packaging)
- We pack the eggs within quail egg boxes with bubble wrap, and then have the egg boxes cushioned with packing peanuts within our specially designed egg boxes labelled fragile sent via royal mail special delivery ( this is the safest way to post fragile items).
- We do not use poly egg boxes as this holds the egg still and any movement is centered in the egg damaging the embryo.
Payment for via bacs our details are
Bank National Westminster
Account name Moon ridge farm
Sort code 52 30 06
Account number 24555215
Please use your name as reference for payment.