How To Buy From Us
- We are operating a prepaid service.
- We are closed to visitors unless you have made a prepaid order
- There is NO ENTRY to the farm unless you are making a paid for collection.
Please read all of the information below:
- This is a contact less click and collect service from the farm and a national delivery service.
- For collection this is a next day service with collections Monday to Saturday ( Closed Sunday and Monday.)
All birds will be boxed (no charge for boxes). Please take these boxes with you. Do not swap the birds over at the farm.
This is a contact less service we do not want the boxes after you have handled them.
- Go to the page of the products or poultry you wish to order select and pay at the cart.
- All stock levels are live and current.
- We are not taking reservations and orders for any birds not currently in stock.
- Only one person to collect the items and there is no facility to look around the farm.
- Entrance is purely to collect and then leave the farm.
- Please do not bring children to the farm, we are essentially closed apart from the collection of goods.
- Please do not touch any areas of the farm. Our buildings and paddocks are closed as are out toilet facilities.
- Please respect social distancing. This is our home as well as our business.
- You can choose collection from the farm or delivery depending.
- All products, housing and poultry packages can be bought via the website for click and collect from the farm.
- There is no delivery service for the majority of the products barring the eco housing.
- Any POL birds and animals ( if in stock ) can be bought for collection or delivery.
- Deliveries will be made on the Thursday following your order (must be placed by Friday Midday).
- Please contact me before you place orders outside of England (Wales and Scotland) as there is a limit on where deliveries can be made.
This is for the delivery of live birds/livestock.
Please place your order for live birds delivery separate to any hatching eggs or housing. The delivery requirements are different so can not be mixed in the cart. Please order and pay separately for these items.
- Standard delivery day for these orders made via the website is a Thursday.
- Deliveries are made via a DEFRA registered courier or with our selves depending on type and quantity.
- Delivery price starts at £60.
- We do not deliver chicks, ducklings or goslings.
- Deliveries made online must be confirmed and paid for by Friday midday for deliveries the following week.
- You have to be present to receive your order.
*some areas of Scotland and Wales incur an additional charge please contact us for exact quote.
We only deliver as far north as Perth.
For all other deliveries please call or email for quote. We need to know~
~breed /type of bird / animal
~ number required
~full address including post code
Quail Hatching eggs
Quail hatching eggs are sold per dozen, so 1 in your shopping basket equates to 12 hatching eggs.
For smaller orders ( less than 8 dozen ) they are sent out Royal Mail Special delivery – they require a signature.
PLEASE READ ALL OF THE BELOW ~
We can not pass on messages to Royal Mail.
- We do not post eggs outside of the United Kingdom.
- I post out on a Thursday* each week . So Deliveries are on Friday. Orders are required before 5pm on Weds ( if we are short on eggs we will let you know)
- If you require to receive them on a certain date please let me know and we will do our best to accommodate your request .
- Note because of weekend postage you can not receive on a Saturday or Monday
- Generally orders are sent out on the first Thursday after order has been received. Some times there may be a delay we will let you know if there is.
- If no one is there to sign they will be returned to your Royal mail local depot.
- For larger orders over 8 dozen we send out via courier.
- Eggs are not insured via royal mail or courier.
- Once posted i am not responsible for Royal Mail actions or if you are not there to sign for them.
* During Covid i am posting out twice a week at least generally Mondays and Thursdays
- Whilst we make every effort to ensure our eggs are fertile we can not guarantee fertility or a hatch rate.
- We have no control over the postal service and indeed the method of incubation you choose.
- If you are dis- satisfied with your hatch rate please call us to discuss.
- We can offer basic advice on hatching but each incubator is different.
- Please rest your eggs on receipt of 24 hours before putting in the incubator.
- For advice on incubation it is best to call rather than email.
- If you have any issues with the delivery service / and or damaged eggs i need photos as evidence of damaged packaging , the eggs as you found them and then pictures of damaged eggs-these needs to be emailed to me as soon as possible .
- As above eggs are not insured via royal mail , i will replace broken eggs either when you place another order or if you pay for the postage of replacement eggs ( this can be done by purchasing a gift voucher of £10.00 to cover postage and packaging)
- We pack the eggs within quail egg boxes with bubble wrap, and then have the egg boxes cushioned with packing peanuts within our specially designed egg boxes labelled fragile sent via royal mail special delivery ( this is the safest way to post fragile items).
- We do not use poly egg boxes as this holds the egg still and any movement is centered in the egg damaging the embryo.
Payment for via bacs our details are
Bank National Westminster
Account name Moon ridge farm
Sort code 52 30 06
Account number 24555215
Please use your name as reference for payment.